I'm married to Karen and we have two daughters, both living in the Wellington region. The older is married and teaches at a local primary school. The younger works at MPI in Wellington. We have a friendly family dog.
Community and family are important to me.
My earlier years were spent in the insurance field (Christchurch and the UK), including a number of years in sales. In the 1990s I was owner/operator of a publishing business which entailed a substantial marketing role and extensive travel within New Zealand. In more recent years I've been heavily involved in community work.
I served as the first coordinator of the Tawa Community Centre from 2007-09. From 2010-13 I was chair of the Tawa Community Board, originally coming onto the board by winning a by-election in 2005.
Community roles (separate from Council responsibilities):
- Editor of monthly community eNewsletter to 1250 local residents
- Lead on Neighbourly website
- Committee member on Vibrant Tawa (aka Tawa Residents' Association)
- Member of Rotary Club of Tawa
- Member of Friends of Tawa Bush Reserves Inc
- Part of Tawa Baptist Church congregation
- Former parent representative on Tawa College Board of Trustees
First Page Achievements Aspirations Towards the Election